Considering the many benefits of the olive fruit—and even the olive tree bark—it’s no surprise that olive leaf extract is being hailed as the next big thing by the health and beauty industries!
Derived from the olive leaf, this polyphenol-rich enzyme is the subject of numerous studies due to the benefits it has for the heart, skin, and mental health. Yet, it is overshadowed by other olive-related products, as not many people are aware of what its use entails.
A Short Take on All You Need to Know
To make things easier to understand, we’ve broken down everything you need to know in one convenient list:
- Although olive leaf extract has only recently become mainstream, Mediterranean cultures have been making use of the various components of the olive tree (including olive tree extract) for centuries.
- Because olive leaf extract is considered to be a supplement, rather than a form of medication, there is no specific dosage. However, it’s recommended that people consult their doctor before using it if they’re on a medication.
- Olive leaf extract is a great supplement for people experiencing digestive issues. A gastroprotective supplement, olive leaf extract improves one’s gut health and can even work for more serious digestive issues.
- Olive leaf extract works great as a skin protectant. Packed with antioxidants, any skincare product that has olive leaf extract not only keeps your skin smooth, but also prevents dirt buildup.
- Olive leaf extract is a very useful ingredient for patients with Type 2 diabetes. According to animal studies on functional foods for treating type 2 diabetes, olive leaf extract:
- Reduces hyperinsulinemia (increase of insulin in the blood)
- Reduces hyperglycemia
- Reduces signs of oxidative stress
- Reduces cholesterol
- Reduces blood glucose and plasma malondialdehyde
- Reduces serum glucose
- Increase serum insulin
- Though research on the effects of olive leaf extract for treating cancer symptoms is still ongoing, one study foundthat the extract stopped cancerous cell growth. Credited to its oxidative properties, this research is considered to be a monumental stepping stone toward understanding the extract’s anti-cancer effects.
Olive leaf extract is clearly very effective for a range of ailments. However, if you want to use it correctly, it’s important that you buy the best products available, which is where My Olive Leaf comes in!
Buy the best olive leaf extract online and follow your doctor’s orders on the correct dosage. And use this natural ingredient to make your body healthier and stronger!