Whether you’re buying expensive jewelry or a few fashion jewelry pieces, knowing your metals is a good idea. It makes you aware of affordable, good-quality options that you can buy that’ll be durable and last for a long time.
Aluminum is a common choice of metal for many costume jewelry pieces. Its silver color and high sheen make it a great choice of metal for jewelry.
- Very malleable and can easily be molded into various, gorgeous shapes. Well used for earrings, bracelets, and elaborate necklaces.
- Doesn’t tarnish or corrode, making it perfect for daily wear
- Some people are allergic
- Prone to warping
Copper’s reddish hues make it a favorite amongst artisans.
- Easy to work with
- Affordable compared to gold and silver but more expensive than brass and bronze
- Oxidizes over time, leading to a darker color
- Can turn skin green if worn for too long
Most used metal today, Gold is very versatile and considered a status of wealth.
- Incredibly malleable making it easy to craft into any shape
- Shades of gold; Yellow isn’t the only option
- Considered extremely precious
- Very costly, leading to many pieces being gold plated or gold-filled
- Isn’t created from solid gold, but comes in different purities and karats
A precious metal, palladium is becoming an increasingly famous choice for jewelry.
- Very durable, making it perfect for frequent wear
- More affordable than gold and platinum
- Lighter than Platinum
- Though it is hypoallergenic, most palladium jewelry has 5 percent of other metals which can cause allergies
Platinum is the go-to choice when choosing fine jewelry including platinum rings, earrings, and necklaces.
- Doesn’t corrode or require polishing
- Rare and Valuable
- Very strong, an excellent choice for long-lasting jewelry pieces
- Extremely Expensive
- Can be allergic as it contains 95 percent platinum and 5 percent other metals
The cheapest choice amongst white metals, it’s often used for jewelry. It isn’t used in its pure state, instead, sterling silver is used which contains 92.5 percent silver.
- Extremely malleable
- Silver-filled items are durable
Silver plating damages easily
Are you looking for precious metal jewelry pieces? Check out I-ZARA’s complete collection featuring silver necklaces, gold chains, sterling silver earrings, stainless steel charm bracelets, tungsten wedding bands, and more.
Visit their website: https://www.i-zara.com for more jewelry or contact them now.